If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (817) 595-0004

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Most Common Types of Fire

2/12/2018 (Permalink)

The 4 Most Common Types of Fire

While a fire can start anywhere at any time, below is a list of the top four most common causes of fires. This information may even help you to prevent starting a fire.

1. Kitchen fires are the most common type of fire. Whether it is from burning food, grease, or an electrical problem, often all three can cause a fire. Grease is the major cause of a fire it can grow and spread quickly, getting out of control and spreading to other rooms of your home, before the fire department arrives.

2. Electrical fires are the second most common type of house fire. When you have electricity and water it can be bad. Often, if the wiring is old or not grounded a fire can start and someone can be electrocuted. Electrical fires can be caused by several different things, including old wiring, faulty wiring, broken or old breaker boxes, faulty appliances, and the improper use of outlets.

3. During the cold winter months’ portable heaters and electric blankets start their fair share of fires. If you must use a portable heater make sure you one that has a timer and an automotive shut-off. In place of electric blankets try using a heavy quilt.

4. Smoking is the fourth leading cause of fires. If you can smoke outside and make sure you put your cigarette out before going back inside your home. People fall asleep smoking more often than most people can imagine there are nearly a thousand deaths a year in the United States, because of smoking not to mention the loss off property. It does not take much for an ember off the tip of a cigarette to catch a chair, couch, rug, or curtains on fire, so be extra cautious when smoking in your home.

You can’t always prevent a fire especially an electrical one due to poor or faulty wiring or appliances. So, when you have the option to use extreme caution such as smoking or cooking please do so!

Here at SERVPRO of Hurst-Euless-Bedford no matter the type of fire loss or residue left, our highly trained professionals understand the behavior of smoke and the cleanup processes to best utilize during fire restoration services. We are ready for whatever happens 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 817-595-0004.

Other News

View Recent Posts