Carpets and Upholstery Cleaning
Which method of carpet cleaning is best for your home or business? SERVPRO® of Hurst-Euless-Bedford technicians are IICRC certified to determine the best way to clean your building and make sure that each different type of carpet is properly cleaned and cared for. The following methods are used by SERVPRO® of Hurst-Euless-Bedford technicians to clean your carpets and upholstery.
Light Cleaning – Bonnet Cleaning Process
- Thoroughly vacuum the Carpet
- Using a pup-up sprayer, apply carpet cleaning solution to the carpet.
- Run a bonnet machine over the carpet. Flip the bonnet over or replace it as it becomes soiled.
- The bonnet cleaning chemical will become a crystal upon drying. This crystal will be vacuumed away during daily maintenance.
Moderate Cleaning – Hot Water Extraction/Steam Cleaning
- Using a grooming brush, lightly scrub the treated area.
- The surface is passed over several times with hot water to rinse out the preconditioning solution.
- The carpet is dried thoroughly to prevent the possibility of water damage.
Heavy Cleaning – Showcase Cleaning for all Carpet Types
- Shampoo the carpet.
- Rinse and extract the entire carpet for a deep clean.
Dry Cleaning – Used to Prevent Color Bleeding
- Carpet is pre-treated to break down oily residue that binds dirt to carpet fibers.
- A technician uses cotton pads placed on a spinning rotary machine to release the dirt. Pads are replaced as they become dirty.
Call us today to schedule a carpet or upholstery cleaning. 817.595.0004.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
Call Today – (817) 595-0004
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Preventative MaintenanceCarpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today.