Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Step 3: Water Removal / Extraction
Occurring when homeowners least expect them, water damage emergencies are almost always unpredictable. A water heater leak, clogged air conditioning drain, toilet overflow or busted pipe, no matter the cause of the flooding, we can put your home and belongings back to normal, like it never happened.
Water removal is the third step in water damage and restoration process. The technician uses the weighted extraction process for removing as much water as possible, leaving the carpet and pad to dry quickly.
SERVPRO® of Hurst-Euless-Bedford technicians are certified with years of experience and training to operate powerful water removal equipment to quickly extract water which will help prevent secondary damage to wood floors, drywall, baseboards etc.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Hurst-Euless-Bedford can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.